Dr. & Mrs. Arthur William Phillips Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide recognition and financial assistance to students enrolled or planning to enroll at universities in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education who have academic promise and have proven need for funds to meet their necessary college expenses
- Must be a full-time, incoming freshman student at a State System university.
- First preference should be given to students whose home address of record is Butler, Clarion, Forest, Jefferson, Lawrence, Mercer or Venango counties. In the event that there are no qualified students from these counties, the scholarship may be awarded to any student who is a Pennsylvania resident.
- Students must have a record of academic success and proven financial need based on university criteria.
- These scholarships are to be awarded to students attending State System universities that do not have an endowed scholarship fund established by the Dr. and Mrs. Arthur William Phillips Charitable Trust.
Number of Awards and Amount Awarded
- Maximum awards of $1,000 ($500 for the Fall 2017 semester and $500 for the Spring 2018 semester) will be made to selected students. Please note that the universities are required to provide a matching award of $1,000.
- The number of available scholarships is limited. Scholarships are awarded annually from available earnings from the Dr. and Mrs. Arthur William Phillips Scholarship Endowment Fund. There are eight (8) $1,000 scholarships available for the 2017-18 academic year.
- Send a thank you note to the State System Foundation to be shared with donor.
- Attend the PA State System Foundation Scholarship Donor Appreciation Luncheon
There is no application for this scholarship. Recipients of this scholarship are selected by the appropriate scholarship committees of the State System universities. The Foundation must be notified of Phillips scholarships recipients by June 2, 2017. Please provide the student's name, address, county of residence and email address.
For more information about the scholarship program, contact:
PA State System Foundation Inc.
2986 North Second Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110