PA State System Board of Governors Chair, Guido M. Pichini, Endowed Scholarship Fund
Generously funded by Guido M. Pichini, this endowed scholarship was founded to provide scholarships to students at the 14 State System universities.
Mr. Pichini served as chair of the PA State System of Higher Education Board of Governors from 2011 to 2016. The System's fourth Board chair in 28 years, Mr. Pichini is the first to have graduated from one of the 14 State System universities, Kutztown University. He is a second generation American, and education has always played an important role in his family.
- Applicants must be full-time students in good standing at one of the 14 State System universities.
- Demonstrate financial need based on standard need analysis from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- GPA of at least 3.2.
- Demonstrated leadership aspirations at the university or in the community.
Special Terms and Conditions
- First preference is given to a student who resides in Berks County who is also of either Italian or Polish descent.
- Otherwise a student who resides that PA and meets the academic and volunteer services eligibility requirements.
- There is one $800 scholarship available for the fall 2017 semester.
- Complete a PA State System Board of Governors, Guido M. Pichini, Endowed Scholarship application.
- Prepare an essay of 500 - 800 words on the following quote: “Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world.” Nelson Mandela.
- Include an official transcript with the application packet.
- The completed application, essay and transcript must be postmarked by May 12, 2017 and mailed to:
PA State System Foundation
Attn: Eileen Showers
2986 North 2nd Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110
- Send a thank note to Mr. Pichini via the PA State System Foundation.
- Attend the PA State System Foundation Scholarship Donor Appreciation Luncheon
Recipients of this scholarship will be selected by the PA State System of Higher Education Foundation’s Scholarship Committee. The scholarship recipient and his/her university will be notified by the Foundation. Unsuccessful applicants will also receive notification.