M&T BANK SCHOLARSHIP
M&T Bank is generously funding fifteen (15) $1,000 scholarships that will be awarded to students enrolled at the 14 Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education universities who demonstrate financial need based on standard need analysis from the FAFSA application and who reside in the specified central PA counties.
- Applicant must reside in one of the following counties: Cumberland, Dauphin and Franklin.
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student at one of the 14 Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education universities.
- Applicant must be from a low-to-moderate income family and need financial assistance to attend college.
- Applicant must show academic promise: incoming freshmen - top 25% of his/her high school graduating class; upper classmen - GPA of 3.0 or better.
For the 2017-18 academic year, fifteen $1,000 scholarships are available. Each selected student will receive a one-year total award of $1,000 ($500 for the fall 2017 semester and $500 for the spring 2018 semester). The student must remain a full-time student in good academic standing to receive the $500 spring 2018 semester award.
- Complete the M&T Bank Scholarship Application.
- Submit an essay of approximately 500 words on the following topic: How this scholarship will help you meet your education and career goals.
- Completed application and essay must postmarked by June 9, 2017 and mailed to:
PA State System Foundation
Attn: Eileen Showers
2986 North 2nd Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110
- Send a thank you note to M&T Bank via the State System Foundation.
- Attend the State System Foundation Scholarship Donor Appreciation Luncheon.
The M&T Bank Scholarship Committee is comprised of representatives from the State System Foundation, the State System Office of the Chancellor and M&T Bank. The selection process is coordinated by the Foundation's Manager. All scholarship recipients and their universities will be notified of their scholarships in July 2017. Unsuccessful applicants will also receive notification.