PPL Community Scholarship Award
PPL Community Scholarship Award program will serve student residents of PPL's 29 county service area. The goal of the PPL Community Scholarship Program is to provide bridge /emergency financial aid to needy students from PPL's service area in order to 1) address financial need), 2) support student retention and degree completion and 3) enhance workforce readiness in energy related majors.
- Must be full-time student who has earned 60 or more credits.
- Must reside in one of the following PA counties (PPL's service area): Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Chester, Clinton, Columbia, Cumberland, Dauphin, Juniata, Lackawanns, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Luzerne, Lycoming, Monroe, Montgomery, Montour, Northampton, Northumberland, Perry, Pike, Schuylkill, Snyder, Susquehanna, Union, Wayne, Wyoming and York.
- Must show academic promise - GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must have demonstrated financial need.
- Must be majoring in energy and related fields such as STEM and Business Management.
Number of Awards and Amount Awarded
- Funding is “last dollar”, i.e. the amount to close the gap between total costs and the student’s available funds and will not exceed $1,000. Need must be verified univeristy financial aid officers.
- A total of $50,000 is available for the 2017-18 academic year.
- Complete the PPL Community Scholarship Award Application.
- Submit a copy of your transcript.
- Completed application and transcript must be postmarked by May 26, 2017 and sent to:
The PA State System Foundation
Attn: Eileen Showers
2918 North 2nd Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110
- Send a thank you note the PPL via the State System Foundation.
- Attend the State System Foundation’s Scholarship Donor Appreciation Luncheon.