PSECU International Education Scholarship
The Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union (PSECU) started this scholarship to provide funding for State System students to participate in international educational experiences to help them explore cultures, life experiences and world views different from their own.
Eligible candidate must meet the following criteria at their home institution at time of study abroad departure:
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at a State System university
- Must be a Pell Grant or PHEAA qualified
- Must be a resident of Pennsylvania
- Must be participating in an institutionally approved overseas program
- Must be in good academic and judicial standing
- Preference will be given to students who have no overseas experience
Number of Awards and Amount Awarded
- There are ten scholarships in the amount of $2,000 each available for the 2017-18 academic year.
- These are one-time scholarships and, as such, shall remain commensurate with funding.
- Applicants must complete the PSECU International Education Scholarship Application
- Submit one written academic reference from a university faculty member
- Submit an official university transcript. Prepare a typewritten personal statement of 250-500 words on the following points: Why did you choose this program? What do you hope to gain?
- Describe any previous international experience(s).
- If awarded, how would the money support your goals
- Address how you would share your overseas educational experiences with other State System students or the community of Pennsylvania upon your return to campus.
- Application, reference, transcript and personal statement must be postmarked by June 9, 2017 and mailed to:
PA State System Foundation
Attn: Eileen Showers
2986 North 2nd Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110
- Send a thank you note to PSECU via the PA State System Foundation
- Provide a written after-action report to the PA State System Foundation which will be shared with private funders and prospects
- Attend the PA State System Foundation Scholarship Donor Appreciation Luncheon
- Participate in activities and share their overseas experience with other PA State System students and donors, presentations, information sessions, newsletter/paper articles, etc.)
The PSECU International Education Scholarship Committee is comprised of representatives from PSECU, the State System Foundation Scholarship Committee, the State System's Office of the Chancellor. The award recipients and their universities will be notified by the State System Foundation. Unsuccessful applicants will also receive notification.