The Quido and Anna Pichini Merit Scholarship
This scholarship was founded by Guido and Susan Pichini in memory of Mr. Pichini's parents – Quido and Anna Pichini. Mr. Pichini currently serves as chair of the Pennsylvania State System Board of Governors.
- Applicant must be a full-time student at a State System university or an incoming freshman, enrolled as a full time student.
- Applicant must have a GPA of 3.5 or better.
- Applicant must participate in voluntary service at his/her university, high school or community.
Special Terms and Conditions
- First preference is given to a student who resides in Berks County who is also of either Italian or Polish descent.
- Otherwise a student who resides that PA and meets the academic and volunteer services eligibility requirements.
There is one $1,000 scholarship available for the 2017-18 academic year.
- Complete a Quido and Anna Pichini Merit Scholarship Application.
- Provide two written references. One must be from a faculty member or teacher not related to the applicant.
- Complete the voluntary services verification form (signature of an organizational official is required).
- Provide official high school or university transcript.
- Write and submit an essay of approximately 500 words (maximum 800) to describe your thoughts of volunteerism and the following quote: “Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something.”
- The completed application package must be postmarked no later than May 19, 2017 and mailed to:
PA State System Foundation
Attn: Eileen Showers
2986 North 2nd Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110
- Send a thank you note to Mr. and Mrs. Guido Pichini via the PA State System Foundation.
- Attend the PA State System Foundation Scholarship Donor Appreciation Luncheon.
- The PA State System Foundation Scholarship Committee will review, evaluate and select the winner from the applications who meet the eligibility requirements. The scholarship winner and his/her university will receive a letter from the Foundation notifying them of the scholarship award and the payment procedure.