Scott Electric Environmental Sustainability Scholarship
Funded by Scott Electric, the purpose of this scholarship is to promote persistence and completion for students majoring in a program which is related to environmental sustainability and/or energy conservation. Applicants must have a home residence in Pennsylvania. However, students residing in one of the following counties are NOT eligible to apply: Bradford, Bucks, Carbon, Chester, Delaware, Lackawanna, Lehigh, Luzerne, Monroe, Montgomery, Northampton, Philadelphia, Pike, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Wayne and Wyoming.
- Must be a full-time student with an environmantal sustainability and/or energy conservation–related major.
- Must be a rising junior or senior and completed 60 credits or more at time of application.
- Must be a resident of Pennsylvania with the exception of the 17 counties noted above.
- Must show academic promise with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by FAFSA.
Number of Awards and Amount Awarded
- Ten scholarships are available for the Fall 2017 semester.
- The amount of the award is $1,000.
- Complete the Scott Electric Environmental Sustainability Scholarship application.
- Include a transcript with your application.
- Include a 200-word essay on the following topic: Environmental Sustainable Pracrtices I Have Incorporated into My Life.
- The complete application packet must be postmarked by June 9, 2017 and mailed to:
PA's State System Foundation
Attn: Eileen Showers
2986 North 2nd Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110
- Send a thank you note to Scott Electric via the State System Foundation
- Attend the annual State System Foundation Donor Appreciation Luncheon
Recipients of this scholarship will be selected by the Scott Electric Scholarship Committee which is comprised of representatives from the State System Foundation Scholarship Committee and the Office of the Chancellor.