Wells Fargo Endowed Scholarship for Academic Excellence
In its ongoing efforts to support the communities where it lives and works, Wells Fargo founded the Wells Fargo Endowed Scholarship for Academic Excellence to provide financial assistance to incoming freshmen at State System universities who have achieved academic excellence in high school. This scholarship is a full-year, one-time award.
- Applicant must reside in one of the following PA counties: Allegheny, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Chester, Cumberland, Dauphin, Delaware, Lackawanna, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Luzerne, Monroe, Montgomery, Northampton, Philadelphia, Pike and York.
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student at a State System university.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Applicant must have demonstrated academic excellence in high school – top 25% of graduating class and a GPA of 3.2 or higher.
Number of Awards and Amount Awarded
- The number of scholarships available each year will be determined by the PA State System Foundation’s Board of Directors in accordance with the PA State System Foundation endowment spending policy. There are eleven (11) $1,000 scholarships available for the 2017-18 academic year. Students will be awarded $500 for the 2017 fall semester and $500 for the 2018 spring semester as long as eligibility requirements are met.
- Students must complete a Wells Fargo Endowed Scholarship for Academic Excellence Application. Include an official transcript. This application and transcript must be postmarked by May 12, 2017 and mailed to:
PA State System Foundation
Attn: Eileen Showers
2986 North 2nd Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110
- Send a thank you note to Wells Fargo via the PA State System Foundation
- Attend the PA State System Foundation Scholarship Donor Appreciation Luncheon
Recipients of this scholarship will be selected by the PA State System Foundation Scholarship Committee. The Foundation will notify all scholarship recipients and their universities. Unsuccessful applicants will also receive notification.